2016年7月7日 星期四

Cover Letter系列2:寫第二段的10個寫法

1. Through internships, co-curriculars, and practical experience, I now offer Any Corporation: 
  • Writing, editing and layout skills gained as features editor, art editor, graphic artist, and reporter for various college publications. 
  • Knowledge and technical skills gained from courses and projects associated with advertising art and desktop publishing. 
  • Experience using PageMaker, Word, WordPerfect, Excel, PowerPoint, and varied graphics software to draft, edit, and finalize publications and presentations and to create dynamic graphics.


2. As the Classical Music Listings Coordinator for the Complete Musical Almanac summer and fall supplements, I updated a comprehensive database and oversaw creation of a system that stores and retrieves past editions, using keywords, dates, composers, and genre.

3.Described in detail on the attached resume, in my present position I maintain the highest possible site and operations security for a defense contractor. Prior, for almost a decade, I served in the United States Army, maintaining peak law enforcement/security alertness and the welfare of all personnel. In that capacity, I received numerous letters of commendation for superior job performance.

4. This fall and past summer, I interned for a small general practice firm, where I was entrusted with a great deal of responsibility. In paralegal capacities I researched, wrote, and proofed appellate briefs; composed memoranda pertaining corporate, contract, and criminal law; and drafted complaints and answers. I was an active participant in attorney-client conferences, interviewing clients, and addressing how the law affects clients' suits, as well as raising potential consequences of varied legal outcomes.

5. Currently, I am an Administrative Assistant at the State House in Providence, RI. In this role, my primary responsibilities include writing press releases, researching and drafting legislation, and consistent constituent contact. I have also worked with various committees and legislators regarding an array of legislative issues. Prior, I worked as an intern at the Lieutenant Governor's office and I actively worked for several political and social causes on campus and in the Boston, MA, area.

6. As a current temporary assignment worker with Alltemps in Topeka, KS, I have become highly computer literate in both Macintosh and Windows operating systems and software programs. To accomplish all that is cited on my resume, I was organized and accurate, mastered new information rapidly, communicated effectively with supervisors, peers and subordinates, and I work well with diverse individuals.

7.I have held positions of responsibility in banquet and special event catering, function management, and restaurant food service operations. I have additional experience in front-desk operation of a conference facility. Within each position, I nurtured ever-improving organizational, leadership, training, and supervisory skills in settings dedicated to providing quality service and performance in high-volume operations.

8.  For the past twelve years, I have held positions within the Youngstown Fire Department. Although my current position is secure and rewarding, it is strictly administrative and does not allow me to physically participate, as I have in the past, in actual firefighting or other hands-on activities that provide the outdoor work environment I most enjoy. The Park Maintenance Supervisor position described in your advertisement matches motivations and qualifications presented on my resume and in this letter.

9. When starting my career, as purchasing clerk and now as a Senior Buyer who wishes to become your next Purchasing Agent, I have learned to: 

  • Clarify the needs of end users. Source and communicate effectively with vendors and suppliers via phone and Internet.
  • Create detailed spreadsheet cost-benefit analyses of potential purchases. Communicate with end users and negotiate with suppliers and vendors with great focus. 
  • Track, store, and retrieve all purchase documentation, delivery dates, warrantees, and installation agreements. 
  • Use purchasing, budgetary, and related software systems


10. Previewing and reviewing what appears on the resume, I offer the following: 

  • Capabilities to serve within comprehensive social work capacities in school or healthcare settings. 
  • Experience creating and implementing treatment plans for clients with psychosocial, behavioral, and health-related disorders. 
  • Capacity to manage cases, maintain accurate case records, and create detailed reports.


沒有留言:

張貼留言