2015年10月5日 星期一

Letters系列(1):投訴信



Letter of complaint (目標:約150字(Ielts)或200字(HKDSE))

a. 開頭: 稱呼

背:Dear _____

例:Dear Ms Lau (知道對方邊位)Dear Sirs(唔知對方咩名)/Dear Editor (投訴去報紙)

b. 第一段: 簡單說明目的(3句, 約30字)

三句論:I____________________, but ______________________./ I _______________. Unfortunately, _____________________.I am writing to________________./ I feel ____________. 

例:We ordered goods from your company, but they have not been supplied correctly. I am writing to demandarefund./ I feel disappointed. 

例: I attended your conference on Chinese and Comparative Law 2007 at City University of Hong Kong (22-25 January) and found it informative and interesting. Unfortunately, my enjoyment of the event was spoiled by a number of organisational problems. I am writing to explain each of the problems below.

c. 第二段:說明錯誤的事之因果、時間地點人物(3句, 約50字)

三句論: On _________ I(私人投訴) /we (公司名義) ___________________. ___________ but ________________. It is really __________. 

例: On 30 November 2007 we placed an order with your firm for 12,000 ultra super long-life batteries. The consignment arrived yesterday but contained only 1,200 batteries. It is really annoying. 

例:Firstly, I had difficulty in finding the venue. You gave us a map, but I found the facility totally misleading. Even after asking the security guard about the location, I still could not find the venue. 

d. 第三段: 說明錯誤的後果 (3句, 約50字)

三段論: This error put ___________ in a difficult position, as I/we had to _____________________. This caused us considerable _______________

This error put our firm in a difficult position, as we had to make some emergency purchases to fulfil our commitments to all our customers. This caused us considerable inconvenience.

e. 第四段:要求賠償 (3句, 約50字) 

(強烈語氣版)三段論: 
I insist that you look into the matter and _______________________. I enclose a copy of _______________. If you do not do so, I /we have to__________________________________________

例:
I insist that you look into the matter and reimburse us for the cost of mailing the defective product back to you/ refund me for the doctor's fees to the amount of $XXX.I enclose a copy of the doctor's certificate.If you do not do so, I have to take this matter to the Consumer Council (消費者委員會) / write a letter about this to the newspaper/ look elsewhere for our supplies.

(溫和語氣版)三論: 

I hope that the_____ concerned will consider my suggestions and improve the situation as best as they can.I trust that you will make an effort to __________________/ Please make sure this won’t happen again. I look forward to hearing from you.

例: I hope that the authorities concerned will consider my suggestions and improve the situation as best as they can.I trust that you will make an effort to prevent the recurrence of this kind.I look forward to hearing from you.

f. 署名:

例: Yours sincerely,
   Raymond Lau

沒有留言:

張貼留言